Building Inspection Surveys in Richmond, Surrey, London and Hampshire
Despite being the most expensive survey, the Building Survey is the most comprehensive and informative of the surveys available for residential properties and will provide a detailed evaluation of a property’s condition. The report will describe the condition of each element of the house and identify the property’s defects, their apparent cause, the urgency of repair, maintenance options and may also include an indication of the cost to repair.
What is included in a Building Inspection Survey?
- A building inspection
- A full survey report
- A property valuation (only if specifically stated to the surveyor but this will be at an additional cost).
The survey will inspect all visible and accessible parts of a building, including roofs, walls, floors, windows and doors, chimneys, cellars, garages and outbuildings. Surveyors have a legal responsibility to discover and inform of any major problems with a property, so during the building inspection surveyors will actively search for potential problems and building defects.
This includes looking into cupboards and manholes, and an inspection of the services but it does not, however, investigate enclosed or concealed parts of a building, such as sealed roof spaces.
The building survey is useful for the following:
- Listed Buildings – a building that is on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest
- Older Properties – recommended for properties constructed before the 1950’s
- Buildings constructed in an unusual way, regardless of age
- Buildings that you intend to renovate or change
- Buildings that have already been renovated or significantly altered
At Samuels our surveyors can provide our customers throughout Surrey and London with a tailored building survey to suit their requirements. A building survey may seem like a big expense but it is nothing compared to repair costs that could have been highlighted during a survey. From highlighting damp and subsidence to spotting roofing and structural defects, our building surveys will help make sure you are aware of any problems with a potential property purchase.
The costs of our building surveys vary depending on the size and value of the property so to get a free no obligation quote for a building survey in Surrey and London give us a call today on 020 7043 1376.